What do the School Council do?
The school council members take part in lots of activities, including;
- Listening to the views and concerns of other pupils
- Representing these views to teachers and Mr Webber
- Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions within their chosen department
Being a school minister is a very responsible position as children have to have lots of sensible ideas and sometimes have to attend meetings and do things in their lunchtime. However, it’s a chance to play an important part in our All Saints community.
Each year group has one representative and there is a year 6 secretary in charge of all the council.
Once elected the children then take a lead from one of the following areas;
|Some of the activities carried out by each department.|
PE & Health
|Supporting the provision of PE, clubs on offer and playtime activities. Helping to maintain healthy options in school and lunches.|
Safety & Environment
|Reviewing how safe the school is, helping identify risks and also how to improve the school site. Exploring being Eco friendly and e-safety.|
|Planning and delivering weekly assemblies and acts of worship through the year. Exploring the religious aspect of the school.|
|Being involved in learning reviews and touring with visitors to the school. Taking part in interviews for new staff.|
The role of the Secretary is to:
- Call meetings when requested
- Ensure all Ministers are taking matters to class for discussion
- Collate information from the Ministers
- Report back to members of staff as requested
The role of the Minister is to:
- Take matters back to class for further discussion
- Report back to the Secretary with their findings/information
- Attend necessary meetings.
During 2019-20, the School Council have:
- Presented the school at a Science Seminar.
- Help the head Teacher appoint a learning support assisatnt.
- Carried out tours of the school with visitors.